In many cases, those seeking to lose excess fat come to believe that a high amount of exercise in the gym is necessary to get good results from a weight-loss program. While being active is definitely important and can help you move ahead in your progress level, a gym membership is by no means essential.
There are plenty of everyday activities that you can do that will help you burn fat faster and see the figure you want. The key thing to remember is that any form of movement can count as exercise as far as calorie-burning is concerned.
In addition, you don’t necessarily have to be exercising for an hour at a time. If you can squeeze in 10 minutes here and 10 minutes there, it will all add up as time moves along.
So let’s go over some of the out-of-the-gym exercises that you try.
- Making sure your yard looks in tip-top shape is one of the best calorie burners out there. This activity kills two birds with one stone.
- Brisk walking. Going outside for a walk with a friend at a good pace is a great way to burn calories and strengthen your bones.
- Swimming is a full-body activity that’s great for getting in shape quickly and will bring you fast results.
- Going for a long cycling ride with your family on the weekend is a fast way to firm up your lower body and burn plenty of calories.
- Rock climbing. If you’re feeling adventurous, try this adrenaline-pumping activity out that will strengthen the upper body, core and lower body all at the same time.
- Skipping is one of the best fat burners out there and will easily match any gym activity in terms of calories lost and fitness enhancement.
- House cleaning. As much as you may not want to do this, it is a good calorie burner! What better motivation is there to dust and vacuum on the weekend than to know you’re getting in some cardio too?
- Grocery shopping. Pushing a cart around for 30 minutes is a good way to burn up at least a hundred calories.
- While you may not burn many calories minute by minute, golfing 18 holes will have you doing a lot of walking – and that torches calories quickly.
- Stair climbing. Walking up and down flights of stairs is a great way to strengthen the lower body and burn calories fast. Skip the elevator and escalator to burn more calories throughout the day.
- Simply turn up the music and get your groove on. It’s a good full-body exercise that will torch calories quickly.
- Window shopping. Going window shopping with a friend for a few hours can easily burn 500 or more calories as long as you stay on the move.
The Bottom Line:
If you don’t get to the gym on any given day for your workout session, don’t fret! There are still plenty of ways to add more activity into your day that will help you move one step ahead as far as your weight-loss progress is concerned. So have a good look at your current lifestyle, and see where you might be able to add some of these movements. Before you know it, you’ll be burning more calories without any extra effort.